Below is a helpful article when considering using a PPC Management Company to advertise your business online. This information was submitted by Clicks Geek PPC Management services: http://clicksgeek.com/ppc-management-services/
In terms of online marketing, there are two major players in terms of generating a huge amount of website traffic: one is SEO (search engine optimization), and the other is pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. Both features several pros and cons, and in a usual business setting, these two are often incorporated to an online marketing strategy.
Search engine optimization often takes a long time to produce results, resulting to most online businesses to allocated a huge portion of their marketing budget for pay-per-click advertising. Now that we mention it, what is PPC? And exactly how pay per click services can work for your business?
What is PPC?
PPC (pay-per-click) advertising is a type of online advertising which makes use of real-time bidding as a means of directing traffic towards a website. In this case, advertisers will only pay once their ad is clicked by a website visitor. An online user looks for a particular key phrase using a search engine, usually in a form of question which incorporates the necessary keywords. As he looks for an answer to his query, the advertiser will be given the chance to connect with the user by means of bidding on the said keywords. Each time an online user sees the ad made by the advertiser, it will be called as an Impression.
As the user looks for a potential answer to his query, he will click on the link which will direct him to the website he is looking for (which is either a paid listing or an organic listing). The paid listing is what we call as PPC.
How does a PPC service work?
To understand how a PPC service works, we should first know about the two main kinds of PPC – Search and Display.
Search PPC refers to a text ad which is usually situated on the top portion or the sides of a Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Depending on the total budget allocated by the advertiser, as well as the quality and rank of the ad, the ad could appear higher on the SERPs.
Meanwhile, a display PPC is when the user is currently reading a content regarding his query, and an ad is shown to him based on the relevance of the content or webpage or landing page he is currently on. You should remember that both Search and Display PPC could reach potential customers at different points. In most cases, online users who click on a Display PPC ad is still learning more about a particular product or service. On the other hand, online users who click on a Search PPC ad usually know more about the product they are looking for and are more likely to make a purchase.
PPC services allow you to maximize your potential stream of traffic from your paid ads by conducting several PPC marketing tactics to ensure a higher rate of conversion while minimizing your total cost. There are actually a lot of ways by which they can do so, some of which include the following:
- Intensive keyword research – this includes choosing the right keywords for your target audience. Also, it’s considered as the most vital aspect of a PPC advertising campaign since the right selection of keywords could either make or break your marketing efforts.
- Creative development – this is a method used for maximizing clickthrough and conversion rates. The process includes custom and unique creative writing.
- Campaign tracking – it’s essential to keep track of your PPC marketing campaign. This allows you to monitor your progress as well as find out the rates of your conversion from your efforts.
- Landing page customization – a landing page is the display page which is shown to your visitor right after clicking on one of your ads. With a properly designed landing page, the chances of conversion will significantly increase.
- Campaign improvements – there are cases when a PPC campaign would turn out to be a failure on the first try. Once this happens, a PPC service will make several improvements such as changing the title/description copy, modifying and choosing more effective keywords, adjusting bids, and more.
- SEO ranking report – sometimes, keywords which are used on your PPC campaign could rank organically in the search engine results pages. In order to know the placement of your keywords, PPC service providers would provide you with a monthly review and analysis of the keywords used in your PPC campaign.
As you can see, PPC advertising requires a huge amount of time, budget, and know-how in order to receive positive results. Hiring a professional PPC advertising firm will allow you to focus on the focal points of your business while allowing the experts to focus on your campaign and provide you with a solid ROI.