The Department of Public Service reminds Columbus residents that after holiday festivities are done and decorations are packed away for another year, Rumpke will pick up holiday trees free-of-charge at the curbside.
Tips for disposing of holidays trees in Columbus include:
- Remove lights, ornaments, tinsel and all other decorations from the tree
- Place the tree on the curbside by 6 a.m. on your yard waste collection day. Residents can go online at http://311.columbus.gov/colorday/ or call 311 or 645-3111 to identify their yard waste collection day.
- If your tree is eight feet tall or taller, cut the tree in half so it is a manageable size to fit in the truck collecting the tree
- Holiday trees in plastic bags will not be collected
Columbus residents can also dispose of their Holiday trees at any one of nine free yard waste drop-off locations announced in April (call ahead for hours of operation):
- Com-Til, the City’s compost facility: 7000 Jackson Pike, Columbus (614) 645-3152
- Kurtz Bros. and Mulch Manufacturing Inc.: Residents may be asked to show proof that they are a Columbus or Franklin County resident.
- 2850 Rohr Road, Groveport (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 491-0868
- 6055-C Westerville Road, Westerville (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 882-0200
- 6279 Houchard Road, Dublin (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 873-2000
- 6747 Taylor Road S.W. (Mulch Manufacturing, Inc.); (614) 864-4004
- The Ohio Mulch: Please be prepared with a driver’s license or some form of documentation identifying you as a Columbus resident, otherwise you will be charged.
- 4120 Roberts Road, Columbus (Ohio Mulch); (614) 921-9330
- 4665 Westerville Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 891-3242
- 1600 Universal Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 445-4455
- 537 Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 863-0445